NEW! The NeoStrata Prosystem Retinol Peel is an advanced peel that contains a high potency 3% retinol in combination with the unique, patented, synergistic active ingredients NeoCitriate and Aminofil (Retinol Boosting Complex) to greatly enhance collagen and dermal matrix production. The advanced formulation also contains soothing and antioxidant ingredients (Bisabolol and Vitamin E).
• NeoCitriate® – Targets collagen for antiaging smoothing effects
• Aminofil® – A novel amino acid derivative that helps enhance collagen and hyaluronic acid to smooth lines and wrinkles
• Bisabolol – A botanical derived from chamomile that helps calm skin
• Vitamin E – Gives skin an antioxidant boost and protects from free radicals
The Retinol Peel is designed to exfoliate and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and help reduce acne and improve skin laxity while promoting a bright, even, and clear complexion. It is designed for clients who have mild to moderate photoageing, acne and acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and age spots or for anyone wishing to improve their overall complexion. It is a very effective peel with minimal downtime, showing visible results even after one peel, although a series of four to six peels at four to six week intervals is recommended. The benefits of the proven ingredient retinol are well known.
The NeoStrata ProSystem Retinol Peel is applied to the skin in clinic. There is normally little or no discomfort experienced when this peel solution is applied. Then as advised by your practitioner you will need to wash it off at home 8 hours later (4 hours for more sensitive skins). The peel does not colour the skin so you may resume your normal activity straight after its application, provided that you take care to avoid sun exposure as it will not be possible to apply sunscreen until the after the peel solution has been washed from the skin.
Patients will experience visual peeling with the Retinol Peel. Moderate flaking and peeling of the skin usually begins on day two or three as old, dull layers of skin are shed. This will normally subside after five to seven days. Flaking and peeling can be reduced with the use of therapeutic moisturizers and make-up may be worn during the peeling phase. The use of a high SPF broad spectrum sunscreen is imperative during the post-treatment phase as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun. If this is not applied, irreversible hypo/hyperpigmentation may occur.
Please Note: The expected duration of downtime is given as guidance only and it is worth noting that the skins response to chemical peeling may vary from client to client with regards to both duration and the degree of peeling experienced. Although the anticipated downtime is 2-7 days, clients may experience peeling for several weeks afterwards. This will be discussed with you in more detail at your consultation.
*Please always advise your practitioner if you have any upcoming special occasions, engagements or events so that this can be factored in to your treatment plan*
The ProSystem Retinol Peel is not suitable for clients with the following
- Clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Clients that have been receiving Accutane (Isotretinoin) treatment in the past six months
- Clients who have any known sensitivity to retinoids
- Active bacterial, viral, fungal, or herpetic infection
- Recent surgery or open wounds
- Clients prescribed drugs with photosensitizing potential
- Pre-existing inflammatory dermatoses (e.g. psoriasis, atopic dermatitis)
- Facial cancers (especially facial melanoma)
Before Six weeks after one peel Twelve weeks after 3 peels
|Consultation Only (for advanced procedures)||£30||Redeemable against a course of 3 or more treatments|
|Neostrata Prosystem Retinol Peel||£85|
|Course of 3||£215|
|Course of 3 with products||£300||Includes homecare kit (value £140)|